How to Dress Well
Start with a little black dress or a plain white t-shirt
Is there anything more elegant than a little black dress worn with a stunning piece of jewelry? Getting dressed is so much easier when you have some basic wardrobe essentials. The idea is to add bright, unforgettable or interesting clothing items and accessories to your basics. Your basic wardrobe is a blank canvas on which you “paint” your outfit. You will never say, “I have nothing to wear” again when you start with a few fashion staples. Here’s how:
- Start with color:
- Choose solid colors. Solid colors can be worn with print fabrics, or any other solid color.
- Select Neutral Colors. There’s a reason little black dresses and white shirts are so popular. They can be worn anywhere, with anything, and in many different ways. Black and white are neutral colors that pair well with other colors. For your basic wardrobe pieces you should select from these neutral colors: Black, Gray, White, Beige (tan, cream, Khaki, etc.), Brown, and Navy
- Don’t forget your shoes. Neutral shoe colors wear well with everything.
- Look for Classic styles:
- They don’t go out of style
- They can be worn many ways
- They are plain and without decoration, so they can be worn without being remembered, especially in a solid neutral color.
- Examples: Straight leg pants, Flared or pencil Skirt, Jeans, T-shirt, Blazer
- Separate pieces usually work best:
- Shorts and tops
- Skirts and blouses
- Pants and shirts
- The exception is a black dress in a classic style.
- Lastly, add artful accessories:
- A bold piece of artistic jewelry
- A colorful scarf
- A funky jacket or vest
- An interesting belt
Save time, money and frustration by following the above plan for travel, casual, work, evening, and other dressy occasions.
Need just the right piece of jewelry that is also a work of art? Peruse the necklaces, bracelets and earrings available from Earthbeat Designs.