Jewelry To Go
Lip Balm in a Locket
I have a multi-purpose fashion accessory that will be handy for on the go activities. It’s a locket necklace filled with your favorite lip balm, lip gloss or lipstick.
There are plenty of homemade lip balm recipes, but this one is pretty simple. It’s made from things you probably already have. And you don’t have to heat it on the stove or in the microwave, just scoop and press. So grab an old locket, or find a new one.
Make your Locket Lip Balm:
- Clean the inside of your locket with alcohol.
- Cut off about ¼” of lip balm or lip gloss of your choice. (More or less, depending of the size of your locket).
- Place the lip balm into one side of the inside of the locket. Repeat for the opposite side if desired.
- Squash it down to fit. Do not overfill.
- Scrape away any excess, and clean away any that has gotten on the sides or outside. The lip balm should be level with the sides of the locket.
I love the natural look of tinted lip gloss, but it’s always difficult to find the right color. This recipe allows you to use that last bit of lipstick in the tube.
To make the Tinted Lip Gloss:
- First, place the lip balm in a metal or glass bowl (one that can be cleaned easily).
- Scrape a tiny amount of your favorite color lipstick into the bowl.
- Mix the two together.
- Repeat steps 3 -5 above.
You can bet I’ll be wearing this to my next festival, concert or sports event where I want to leave my purse at home!